Magnus175 CE - Mechanical Keyboard [Group Buy]
Magnus175 Designed by Smith + Rune
The design team at Smith + Rune are back with a brand new keyboard, marking the start of the Iron Series successor.
Featuring an e-coated brass bottom and serialization, the Magnus175 CE is a no compromise keyboard. Comes with your choice of either copper or brass mid piece.
With brass badge and mid starting at $999
With copper badge and mid starting at $1034
Colors, Materials, and Included Items
The Magnus175 CE Specifications
- Top - Aluminum E-White
- Badge - Brass or Copper
- Mid - Brass or Copper
- Plate - Black Aluminum
- Base - Brass or Copper
Badge and Mid Pieces
Badges and Mid Pieces will also be available in the following colors and materials:
Included in your purchase of a Magnus keyboard are the following items:
- Aluminum case in color of choice
- Mid piece and matching badge in color or material of choice
- Universal black aluminum plate
- Solder or Hotswap (+$15) PCB
- JST cable and daughterboard
- Cork Dampers
- Custom Feet
Maintaining the same mindset seen with the Iron Series, Magnus175 will offer several addons in order to offer a truly custom experience.
• Mid piece and badge sets - Available in Brass, Copper, Rosewater, Sky, Onyx, and Crimson. PC is available as a mid piece only, not badge.
• Universal Plates in Forged Carbon, FR4, PC, and Black Aluminum
• Hotswap and solderable PCB
• JST, daughterboard, cable set
• Cork Dampers
• Custom Feet
• Aluminum shims (Provides a feel simialr to top mount)
• PCB, Plate and Case - 3 Piece Foam Kit
• 8° typing angle
• Screwless, floating design (no visible screws)
• Top-mount Dampened leaf spring system
• FEA-optimized plate for consistency on every press
• Cork dampeners (with other options being tested and considered)
• Low-profile front height
• QMK/VIA PCB by Gondo (solderable and hotswap)
• Unified USB-C daughterboard and JST cable
• All aluminum construction w/anodized top and bottom
• Matching badge and mid accent piece available in various colors and materials
• Custom feet (bumpon compatible)
From the Designers
"Smith + Rune basically started as an accident, born out of frustration and with a simple goal of making 5-10 boards for ourselves and friends. What followed after designing the IRON series was completely unexpected! We never in a million years thought of starting a keyboard company, just a solid, simple keyboard and nothing more. With our original goal more than achieved, the question then became where to go from there.
The natural path meant more layouts in the IRON series but we always knew that someday we’d have to release another series. This is probably the scariest moment for a new company. It is both inevitable and risky. How do you essentially start from scratch without relying on the success of your debut creation? Or worse than starting from scratch, how do you engineer something that will 100% be compared to your first design? After many failed ideas and countless other designs we’re finally ready to reveal our latest keyboard, the MAGNUS175, an idea worthy of our name."