Iron 165 Keyboard R2
In Stock - Please allow up to 5 days for processing/shipping.
Purchases are subject to a 5% fee when cancelled.
This keyboard qualifies for $15.99 Nationwide shipping for non HERO PRIME Members
All sales are final. No Returns or Refunds. Modifications will be not allowed for this drop. Please make sure your cart looks correct prior to refreshing Shipping Page.
We're pleased to partner with Smith + Rune to bring you the Iron165 keyboard!
Due to the limited nature of pre-orders and extras, nothing is yours until checkout is complete. Items added to cart are not reserved, and may run out of stock while completing checkout.
Quality Disclaimer - Stainless Steel Parts may contain micro-scratches or micro-holes which are only viewable under certain, harsh light conditions and are often times difficult to photograph. If you choose to purchase a stainless steel weight/badge kit, you are accepting this risk.
Iron165 Changes for Round 2
- Deeper gasket pockets, allowing the same poron gaskets, but with less overall compression, making the case easier to assemble
- 0.25mm top case height increase, to better hide keycaps that aren’t as deep as GMK, while still maintaining the same overall switch height
- Better, beefier, longer screws
- Removal of cable channel
- Revised PCB with VIA compatibility **NOT HOTSWAP**
- Further optimized consistency aluminum plate
- All aluminum construction
- Many other minor tweaks to optimize machining
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Bottom Accent Plate w/exposed rune logo
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press (see analysis below)
Each board comes with a black anodized aluminum base and contrasting aluminum accent plate and aluminum badge. Please refer to the renders for a visual depiction.
- Midnight Teal
Deskhero is offering two plate layout options, semi-fixed. All plates support split backspace.
- ANSI Plate - Aluminum Default
- Tsangan Plate - Aluminum Default
What's In The Box
- Iron165 Keyboard
- Aluminum Plate with layout of choice
- PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable
- Gaskets and all mounting hardware
- Carrying case
*DIY Policy Reminder*
As the Iron 165 is a limited DIY item, we want to send out a reminder to please be especially careful during assembly.
- Please test PCBs as soon as possible using safe testing methodology. Any damage incurred during your keyboard build will void your RMA. We will inspect for any damage caused by the user/evidence of modification. Remember, there is a limited number of PCBs so please be safe.
- Use the correct driver size for screws. Be mindful of stripping screws during your build!
- See Smith and Rune Master Parts List: https://github.com/Smith-And-Rune/Iron165/blob/main/Iron165PartsList.md
Are DIY and Customs Items like Keyboards covered under warranty?
DIY items and custom items with manufacturer's defects are ONLY eligible for a refund/replacement (if stock is available) if they are:
1) Reported within 30 days,
2) Inspected by manufacturer and proven to have a manufacturer's defect (not user damage or improper use), and
3) Returned in unused condition (and not built) with the manufacturer's original carton and must include all components and other items originally packaged with the product (i.e. cables, manuals, etc.).
Damaged parts due to user error will void warranty and cannot be returned/refunded.
If you prefer to return your keyboard/key board kit to Deskhero for any reason, we are happy to accept all returns meeting the conditions listed above. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer unless you have a qualifying defect and are approved for an RMA. Please note your order's original shipping charges are non-refundable.
Please contact our Deskhero Support Team prior to returning your item to discuss the best available options.