1. What is your return & exchange policy?
If you’re looking to return or exchange your order for whatever reason, we're here to help! We offer free returns or exchanges within 30 days of receiving your order. You can return your product for store credit, a different product, or a refund to the original payment method.
Group buy cancellations may incur a fee however.
Please see our Policies page here: https://www.deskhero.ca/pages/policies
JDS Labs Pre-Orders and COVID-19
To make the wait a little more bearable we've decided to put in a slight pre-order discount!
Group Buys Specific FAQ
What is your return policy?
- As a rule, we don’t generally accept returns due to the nature of these products. If you have a problem with your order, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do the best to help out. If there are extenuating circumstances, return authorization will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Can I merge two or more orders to save on shipping?
- Unfortunately, merging of orders is not possible on the backend (yet). What we can do is put a note down on your orders to try and ship together, we will then refund you once the package is received.
- Sometimes this gets missed on dozens/hundreds of packages - and you may still get 2 packages delivered, in which case a refund will not be issued.
- So please be mindful of your final order!
- Can I cancel my group buy/pre-order order?
- Cancellations during a group buy/pre-order will incur a 3% fee. Cancellations incur a 3% fee due to Payment Gateways such as PayPal/Visa/Mastercard no longer returning transaction fees.
Cancellations after a group buy will incur a 5% fee because orders are typically placed with manufacturers immediately after Group Buy ends.
- Can I combine a Group Buy's matching deskmat with the keyset in my order?
Unfortunately no. There was a time where orders allowed to add deskmats and keysets together but due to the nature of production -deskmats often come many months before the keysets arrive. There is simply not enough space to store deskmats for months at at time.
This may change in the future, and some sets may allow it depending on manufacturing timelines for both the keysets and deskmats.
Can you offer cheaper shipping?
- No, the shipping prices that are shown are directly pulled from CanadaPost, USPS, DHL, and UPS, and are the actual price. These are the cheapest prices we are able to get.
What is your processing time?
- Usually able to ship out within 2-3 business days for in-stock/ready ship items.
- Will you mark down the value of my order for customs?
- No. We will be as compliant to laws & regulations as much as possible.
Where are you located?
- I am located in Winnipeg, MB in Canada
- Can I change my shipping address?
- Yes you can. Please update your profile with the new address and email us at email@example.com with your order number and new address. Please note that depending on where you are changing the address to, there may be additional shipping charges.
- Where is my refund?
- Refunds are done manually and can take 1-2 business days to process. Once issued, your credit card company can take between 3-7 business to finalize the process.
- Can you edit or change my order?
- Editing may be possible on a case by case basis. Although there is a maximum 60 day window where order edits are available.
- Can I merge a couple orders to save on shipping?
- No longer supported. Shopify doesn't actually allow merging on the back end (for some reason) so its a manual process to refund shipping on one order, and add a "note" on both orders and hopefully get them packed together come shipping time. Its too time consuming and way error prone.
- I sent you an email and haven't heard back in a couple days.
- We try to answer emails 1-2 business days. Please shoot me another email if you haven’t heard back after 3 business days. Sometimes I miss an email every now and then. I apologize for that!
- I sent you a reddit/discord/instagram message, but I haven't heard back? What's going on?
- While I try to respond to every reddit/discord/facebook message, I am not always able to reply. Always use email to get in touch with me.
- What is a group buy?
- Group Buys are a method of sale similar to a pre-order. Payments are collected ahead of time in order to submit a bulk order to a manufacturer for production. Due to this, there is often an extended timeline from the order date to when the product is shipped out, with these timelines ranging from a couple weeks to several months. In all Group Buys posted here on the site I will include on the order page an estimated timeline for production and shipment.
- You missed your estimated timeline. What's going on?
- We provide weekly updates for all group buys, so that customers can stay informed and up to date on the progress. Many times unforeseen issues can occur, which can cause delays.
- Check out our weekly update page here: https://www.deskhero.ca/blogs/news/weekly-updates
- What is the estimated shipping time on Group Buys?
- GMK and KAT typically begin shipping 8 month-year after the end of the Group Buy
- ePBT typically begins shipping 6 months after the end of the Group Buy
- Infinikey typically begins shipping 4-6 months after the end of the Group Buy
- Deskmats typically begin shipping 3-4 months after the end of the Group Buy
- Note: The estimated date of delivery for any Group Buy is just that - an estimate. Delays and setbacks may occur and are not uncommon.