Iron 165 Keyboard R2 by Smith+Rune
Group Buy Description
Start: February 27th, 2021 10AM EST
End: March 6th, 2021, 6:00PM EST
Estimated Date of Delivery: Early Q1 2022
Any illegible purchases are subject to a 5% fee when cancelled.
- Make sure you have a valid account with Deskhero
- Login and join the email queue by clicking on the button.
- If you are eligible to buy you will receive an email shortly after all spots are claimed.
- You have 15 minutes to complete your purchase. Do not forget to grab any Addons and Extras here.
- After 15mins and there are still units available, they will be released to all of NA.
- No modifications are allowed so please be sure of your purchase before completion.
- Cancellations are permitted within the 24 hour window.
- There will NO re-releasing of cancellations.
- Canada region lock will last for 5mins, then unlocked for NA
We're pleased to partner with Smith + Rune to bring you the Iron165 keyboard!
LIMIT 1 UNIT PER HOUSEHOLD. IF MULTIPLE KEYBOARDS ARE SHIPPED TO THE SAME ADDRESS, ALL ORDERS WILL BE CANCELLED.
Buy the Addons and Extras here!
Quality Disclaimer - Stainless Steel Parts may contain micro-scratches or micro-holes which are only viewable under certain, harsh light conditions and are often times difficult to photograph. If you choose to purchase a stainless steel weight/badge kit, you are accepting this risk.
Iron165 Changes for Round 2
- Deeper gasket pockets, allowing the same poron gaskets, but with less overall compression, making the case easier to assemble
- 0.25mm top case height increase, to better hide keycaps that aren’t as deep as GMK, while still maintaining the same overall switch height
- Better, beefier, longer screws
- Removal of cable channel
- Revised PCB with VIA compatibility **NOT HOTSWAP**
- Further optimized consistency aluminum plate
- All aluminum construction
- Many other minor tweaks to optimize machining
- 7 Degree Typing Angle
- Full Gasket Isolation Mount
- Bottom Accent Plate w/exposed rune logo
- Low-Profile Front Height (less than 17.25mm)
- Seamless Case Design
- QMK/VIA compatible PCB, designed in collaboration with Gondolindrim
- Unified C3 USB-C daughterboard (centered on case)
- Optimized plate for consistency on every key press (see analysis below)
Each board comes with a black anodized aluminum base and contrasting aluminum accent plate and aluminum badge. Please refer to the renders for a visual depiction.
- Midnight Teal
Deskhero is offering two plate layout options, semi-fixed. All plates support split backspace.
- ANSI Plate - Aluminum Default
- Tsangan Plate - Aluminum Default
What's In The Box
- Iron165 Keyboard
- Aluminum Plate with layout of choice
- PCB, USB-C Daughterboard, and JST cable
- Gaskets and all mounting hardware
- Carrying case